midnightcamaro

Greenie
Mar 12, 2015
upstate SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!!! My name is Brad, I live in the upstate of SC. I'm 32, I'm a diesel mechanic....im fairly passionate about several things. ...metal detecting being my newest obsession lol. I used to love archaeology as a kid....and haven't given any of it much thought until recently. ..but am very excited to start detecting. I've only gone about 3 times thus far and I have a tesoro vaquero. .havent found anything valuable. ..but definitely found some cool stuff. I'm dying to get in some more time, however I first need to find where I can and where I can't metal detect lol. Was so cool to find this forum and hope I can share some cool stuff with y'all. A buddy of mine brought a buddy of his metal detecting last weekend and he told me about this site...however I don't know his screen name. I cant say what exactly got me into metal detecting as I'm not sure lol im fairly random

Last edited:
Welcome Brad. You'll have a blast finding things.

Hi Brad, welcome to the forum. No matter what branch of detecting you want to do, you will find a topic on it here. And on your chosen forum, you will find out everything you want to know. I am into beach and shallow water hunting, and on that forum I have read so many posts dealing with every facet of it that I seldom need to ask any questions. Seek and ye shall fiind.

thanks guys....and I'm not sure I can narrow it down just yet to exactly what kind I want to do....I want to do them all lol...however there just simply isn't enough hours in the days at times

Welcome to the forum! Happy Hunting in 2015.

Wel-come ... :notworthy:

Welcome to TNet. I hope that you enjoy the new hobby. Just wait until you find something good, then it will be "on"! GL&HH.

Lol I bet....thanks guys and gals....and I will let yall know when I find something good :p

Hey Brad don't let that Carolina Tom within 50 miles of your hunting sites or else there will be no silver to find. And please let me know if you see him crossing into SC...
Just kidding Camaro ;)....he is good guy I just like to rag him

Hey Brad don't let that Carolina Tom within 50 miles of your hunting sites or else there will be no silver to find. And please let me know if you see him crossing into SC...
Just kidding Camaro ;)....he is good guy I just like to rag him

Yo Midnightcamaro, The upstate is rife with MDing vultures! The first lesson is to be aware, the second lesson is to beware!

That TBD dude is a silver vacuum! He will slurp up every piece of silver in the Tri-counties area! He has been banned from NC, please alert me if you get wind of him crossing the border.

Yo Midnightcamaro, The upstate is rife with MDing vultures! The first lesson is to be aware, the second lesson is to beware!

That TBD dude is a silver vacuum! He will slurp up every piece of silver in the Tri-counties area! He has been banned from NC, please alert me if you get wind of him crossing the border.
Brad you might not want lessons from Carolina Tom. I asked him for advice on Deus operations since he's had his longer than me and has a pot full of Silver coins. Well he told me that the Deus is such a Silver Finding machine he doesn't even turn his power on. He said that Silver coins are so scared of the Deus they just jump out of the ground when they see the Deus logo and all he does is scoop em up with a shovel. I sent my MD back to the factory 4 times before they started laughing and told me yes you do actually have to power on the machine.

Brad you might not want lessons from Carolina Tom. I asked him for advice on Deus operations since he's had his longer than me and has a pot full of Silver coins. Well he told me that the Deus is such a Silver Finding machine he doesn't even turn his power on. He said that Silver coins are so scared of the Deus they just jump out of the ground when they see the Deus logo and all he does is scoop em up with a shovel. I sent my MD back to the factory 4 times before they started laughing and told me yes you do actually have to power on the machine.

Hey Brad... he is just lolling you into complacency. Watch out for that dude... he has found WAY more silver than I have... I just brag about mine more than he does. Check out last years 60 silvers... of which 50 were found with the Deus in the last 6 months of the year.

PS: Sorry about hijacking your introductory thread, but TBD started it!

Attachments

• IMG_20150105_175520_365-1.jpg
    IMG_20150105_175520_365-1.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 76
Brad I have not come home with a Single silver coin on my hunts this year. And that pic above is probably from just this week alone for Tom. It is rumored that Smittyman threw out his back helping lift Toms silver finds. I did say rumored cause they kinda tight lipped about it. Tom did put me on a great place though but I'm not sure Where Sumter NF is though.

Lol I smell a rivalry. ....in other words stay away from both of yall until I get into lie detecting? Bahahahaha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back