Newbie Finds

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
Well ive been lurking on this site since I got my detector two days before Christmas
and decided it was time to post. I bought the $79.00 Bounty Hunter that was on sale at radio shack
and have been having similar luck as Onion (rings) ;D I have found about 30.00 bucks in clad, a 2 gram
14k cross, a 2gram 14k ring, and two SS wedding bands, in my opinion not too bad since Dec. 23rd.
I will post pictures once my Fiance gets back from Pittsburgh with the camera next week. (shes visiting family)
I have found a few Recreation centers here on the east coast of Florida that do not seem to have been hunted,
But all the schools have fences around them :-\
I was also wondering why it seems that we are having such great luck with these low end detectors?
Thanks for such a great site with all the info and great stories ;D
Jimmy
P.S I AM HOOKED ON THIS HOBBIE!!! And if there are any people looking for hunting partners near Tampa
Please let me know

Upvote 0
Welcome to the board...
Sounds like your off to a great start. I'm not sure how you, or onion do it, but I sure wiould like to find out... ;D
About the detectors,,, it don't take a high-end detector to get all the goodies, just the really deep ones...
Good Luck next time out...

Man you've been busy. If your finds equaled a dime on each find that would be over 300 digs and if you averaged finding a coin every 5 minutes that would be 25 hours searching and constantly finding a coin every 5 minutes. You must have been searching in a bank vault.

Smitty

Good start Jimmy,its good to bring money home from the hunt.It's good to find new money,but I had rather find the old coins and jewerly that are deeper.Let us know if you start finding older stuff once you learn more about your detector and the hobby.There should be plenty of older stuff in your area.HH

Jimmy

Thanks for the welcome everyone ;D I would like to find some older coins but will have to wait
till my clad pays for an upgrade. I will haver to go over and check these sites then.

Hi Jim

I'm in Safety Harbor, just getting back into the hobby. I have a Spectrum XLT. Things sure have changed since the last time I tried treasure hunting.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back