newbie finds old bucket & bone?

N

neverfindnothin

newbie finds old bucket & bone?

hi newbie here got detector yesterday as gift & have been waiting quite a while to start diggin!

dug holes all over my backyard today, found nothing but old hotel keys (room numbers on them)
and just when i thought i was going to go crazy because i couldn't find room number 401 i found
a handle! LOL

i was hoping for a bucket full of coins but got a bucket full of concrete? the bucket was really far
down in the ground the top rim was over 12 inches deep so it took forever. when i first started
digging out the dirt from inside the bucket i came across rocks? and what looked like a bone?

hopefully was construction workers lunch thrown into bucket not really sure. looked like neck/backbone
of something

yikes....very proud of my bucket though for my first day. hahah

Attachments

• bucket1.jpg
    bucket1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 224
  • bucket2.jpg
    bucket2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 220
  • bucket3.jpg
    bucket3.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 0
Re: newbie finds old bucket & bone?

can anyone tell if that is a bone in the pic & why is there a perfect circle in the middle of the bucket? maybe im trying to look too deep into my find but i dont get out much

Oh,, here's the pics!! cant help with the bone but the bucket may have been filled with cement and a pipe inserted to be used as a fence post, or a post for a laundry line, being where you are possibly one of two post for a volleyball net!! look for a second one.

onion thats what i was scared of --my first dig turns out to be something that was once alive

kenb i actually thought i found another bucket like it not too far away, found the metal part for the top handle but didnt bother digging much deeper so i think you're probably right!

I'd wager KENB got it. ?anyway CONGRATS ON THE COOL FIND. I wouldn't look down at all the keys you been finding, some of them may turn out to be collectable. Not only that, when you get them all out the way, then the Cool Old coins are going to show up. HAPPY HUNTING ; Jeff

jeff i hope so because i can't imagine how many more keys are out there

Attachments

• keys.jpg
    keys.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 209

HA HA HA, I'd say your probably close to half way :lol

Find out what hotel, & stand out side renting rooms ;D

neverfindnothin Just got detector yesterday? And your already using the handle "never-find-nothing".
As you gain experience, so shall you gain "SOMETHING".

AQ

Now that I think about it could also be access to exterior water main known as a "curb cock" again size would help and direction of pipes coming and going, gotta run, I'll check in tomorrow, see ya!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? kenb

Welcome neverfindnothin...

Looks like you're off to a good start! I'm trying to figure out the "story" behind how all those keys could have possibly ended up in one yard!!!

Pretty cool!

Keep Diggin!

That bucket is probably form the 40s I have two of them that were used as concrete or morter buckets. They are pretty awesome buckets, well better then plastic. So whats the story on you property was there a hotel there that burned or did some one just dump all the keys there? Good luck and hope you find some silver or gold.

NFN good to have you here on the forum. I would be on the beach as soon as you
can. Where you live once you get that detector figured out you should do well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back