Newbeme

Seeker Seeking

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2024
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seeker Seeking here trying again, don't know if my 1st intro post made it. Not so tech and social media savvy as I don't participate on any other social media sites and haven't used a computer since I don't remember when. As deep as I get into all that is my phone and email. I'll use the old guy excuse for that. Anyway, now that I'm retired I finally have time to do more exploring.

Born in Milwaukee, grew up in Boulder, Co. since age 5. After high-school enlisted in the navy where I did 2 years on the USS Kittyhawk in the tty shop and then 4 years as a reservist. After that lived in San Diego, CA. for 30 years. Spent many years in several building and other trades which pretty much accidentally lead to a 17 year career as a structural special inspector for the San Diego bldg. dept.

In the mean time I got into sailing and attended SDSU studying liberal arts & sculpture. After retirement I went to live in the central Co. Rockies where I had access to marble for sculpting. While there I got on the small town council, joined the local volunteer fire department as a fire fighter and EMT. Then I went to live and work in Hawaii for about 3 years where I was offered a job on a large estate that needed maintenance help.

Came back to the mainland where during the summers I managed a small campground in Co. and spent the winters gold prospecting in Az.. Bisbee Az. is home now with summer visits to the NW states. Started prospecting with the Tucson GPAA group. On my 1st claim visit I got flakes in my 1st pan and was hooked. Last summer I did a 5 month tour of club claims in the NW states, AZ. and NM.

Getting better with the metal detector. It's a learn as you go process. Besides some nice nuggets I've found a few coins like wheat pennies and a 1901 silver Mexican 10 centavo piece that floated out of my dry washer near Arivaca, AZ. I always check my tailings with the detector. A couple days ago while doing some random swings around the Trout Lake. WA. cabin I found a 1946 nickle. Did the beach gold thing over at Cape Disappointment recently and got some flour with the Gold Cube. Going back there soon to swing the detector around Dead Man's Hollow. Found this site while googling so figured I'd give it a try. Wow, so much cool info. The adventure goes on, never stop exploring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeker Seeking here trying again, don't know if my 1st intro post made it...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard and thank you for your service! Take a look at FORUM: ARIZONA for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

BTW - here is your first Introduction post: Newbeme (Thursday at 1:20 AM).

Welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back