New yard gives up a GOOD LUCK TOKEN, then gives me a beautiful 1935 MERC !

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ran into an old buddy of mine yesterday and got permission to do his rental property today. I started in the back yard then made my way around to the front, picked up two old wheats (1944 and 1914) then I found this cool token. I swear I just read someones thread where they found one either exactly the same as this one or very similar.

It reads on the front where the swastika is, "Good Luck" "Keep this coin and good luck will follow you".

On the back it reads, " Madame Hendren" "Talking and walking doll"
Now how cool is that? The house was built in the 1920's and the story I remember (don't hold me to it) were these tokens were politically correct for good luck and advertisers used the swastika as good luck I guess as everyone in those days did. There are three marks around the swastika, a horse shoe and some other marks that look Egyptian???

I don't know, all I know is then about five more targets later I found this, so very detailed, 1935 Mercury dime that looks like it came from the mint yesterday! I can't get over how nice this coin looks to me. I know I'm obsessed but I hope the pix can do this Merc some justice. Its like she woke from a 78 year old sleep. I have much yard left to do, I spent about four hours there today. I'll be back there tomorrow.

I pulled three other wheats out of that front yard, they are soaking in olive oil I think two of them are dateless, I think the other one is a 1934 D ??

Thanks for looking, and HH to everyone.

Upvote 0
Good job! That 35 probably was dropped when it was new. Same era for the good luck token also.

Thanks guys, I hope that token brings me luck today, I'm going to hit a spot where I found silver earlier this summer, then back to spot where I was yesterday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back