New video. 1800s silver and a key date!!

I have to be honest... I cringed when you rubbed the Merc and it was 1916. Was there a "D" mint mark on it? :evil5: <------ it says right here in the metal detecting handbook that you shouldn't rub Mercury dimes just in case they are 1916 D's or 1921's.... (I'm kidding... I've rubbed a few Mercs in my day too) But then you didn't rub the other silvers.... :laughing7: I know there are a few key date Canadian quarters out there too. You found a lot of silver. Thats a great day in anyone's book.:hello2: Congrats on a great hunt and a good video! :thumbsup:

Very nice video and a perfect hunt it would seem aside from the heat .. LOL .. thanks :)

I have to be honest... I cringed when you rubbed the Merc and it was 1916. Was there a "D" mint mark on it?

Yes, there was a "D" on that, until he rubbed. :( ;) Nothing like the sweet sound of sandpaper raking across a nice silver coin. (YIKES!!) LOL

HH!

Last edited:
That was my mistake rubbing those. I have since seen the damage rubbing any coin can do and I swear in future vids you will see no rubs. Ill wait till I get home. Lol. The 1880 quarter WAS a key date and I'm very glad I didn't rub it. Just an amateur mistake. Thanks for driving the point home!

This is how you do a video! I love that you immediately cut to the cleaned up coin before moving on with the video.

I'm gonna sub!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back