New total! 5 silver from yard!!

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
I have now found a 53 quarter, and four dimes: years: 64, 64, 61, 62? Found one of the dimes on friday night between work and dinner in about 15 minutes of hunting about 10 feet from my front door...thought I had been over the spot before...wanted to check again to make sure!

I have also found 5 wheats!!? One of them was even lying right on the surface, or perhaps covered with 1/8th of an inch of dirt.
I guess I have now found about 65 coins in my yard, about 50 of those are from the front yard, but the silver quarter and two of the dimes are from the back yard....all of the wheats are from the front yard...go figure...????/

I have been some other places which are older, but I have yet to find anything very deep.? (I detailed this problem in a post under "metal detecting")? But I have found several other wheats, but nothing earlier than the 40's yet.

Here is a recycled pic of my front yard...the back yard is about 5x larger or more.? And a pic of the nicest dime of the bunch.

Still learing the EXII...

Attachments

• smallhouse.JPG
    smallhouse.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 405
  • smallhouse.JPG
    smallhouse.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 348
  • nicedime.JPG
    nicedime.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 353
  • silverfromyard.JPG
    silverfromyard.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 347
Upvote 0
Most excelletn MDNoob!!!

We too often overlook those homes built in the 50's (and there are a TON of them out there) and search for those old forgotten homesteads of way back. Well, silver is silver my friend! I've done well at a couple of places similar to that in the picture. My folks place was built in 56, and I found a Merc from the 40's just off the side garage door. It all adds up! You find me a house that hasn't been hunted and was built in the 50's, and I'll score some silver for sure!

Yep, it was built in 56. I hoped for two or three silver coins in the yard, and I got it! I think a merc is too much to ask for, but one or two of the wheats are from the 40's. I feel that there is at least one or two more silvers out there in the yard........hopefully a half!

Sounds like a lot of kids playing and lawn chair setting over the years in your yard.Makes for good hunting.HH

Doing better than me in my yard and my house is an old school house built in the 1800's or sooner. HH!!

Attachments

• Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 248
  • Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 201
Very cool!!!
I have only found 3 silvers from my yard and my house was built in 1912... I went over it when I first got my detector. I need to go back over it, now that I have gotten more familiar with my machine...
Keep up the good work....

Yeah, that is definately the key, until I learned how to better use the EXII, I could have found more coins with a dowsing rod. I still only know like 50% of what I need to.

It is really great to be able to go right out your door after work and do some detecting. I still have only covered like half of my yard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back