New to Site

lawdog601

Jul 14, 2012
Long-time metal detecting enthusiast, relic hunter and history nut! Never sold any of my finds, which consequently, causes a stir with the wife...oh well! LOL! I don't usually do blogs, forums or anything else, but recently came across this site and found it to be extremely imformative and very interesting!

That being said...HELLO from Mississippi!

J.T.

Welcome, I'm pretty new also. Does lawdog mean you are a respected and cherished member of the law enforcement community? If so, I just want you to know that everyone on this site is honest, trustworthy, obeys every law in every state, never cheats, lies, steals and would never think to speed or drive without a seatbelt. If you are not a cop then screw it and never mind...

Cherished and respected...probably not. Lol! Member of the law enforcement community...yes. But, not a traffic cop.

pp-civilwar-print2 (2).jpg

Never even crossed my mind. About five years ago I was fortunate to meet Texas Ranger Ray Martinez when he came and spoke at our school. He was the Austin, Texas policeman who managed to stop Charles Whitman, the UT tower shooter in the 60's. After talking to him and listening to how he gave so much credit for his success to his fellow officers, I realized that every policeman was a hero. Your job is next to impossible and very dangerous. Thank you for your service to our nation. I hope treasure hunting is a lot safer and more relaxing.

Welcome lawdog601 from a fellow mississippian,, im from natchez ms. Hope you have fun on the site!!

Thanks Austin! Relic hunting has been a great stress reliever for me over the years. In fact, I seem to be able to see the "big picture" on alot of my cases alot clearer when I'm on the trail of of a CW campsite, bottle dump, etc. Guess my mind is freed from the other stressors of work and I can piece it all together. Who knows! It works and I'm sticking with it. I'm sure if the bad guys and gals knew my secret, they'd try to stop my relic hunting escapes. Lol!

kshollywood...Natchez is one of my favorite places to hunt (deer)! Thanks for the hello!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back