New to forum(finds )

G

g.boudreaux

Hello,
? ? ? ? ? new to detecting only been out a few times I've found two civil war bullets, a silver quarter,
a silver religous metal, hand full of wheat pennies and two 1920 or so umc shotgun shells along with lots of clad pull tabs etc. i am using a whites prizm IV thats for a friend but I want my own soon any suggestions on a good all around detector

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Great forum ,kenneth

Upvote 0
Welcome Ken . Looks like you havn't been doing bad. maby you should get yourself a Prizim also. seems like you know the machine pretty good.

Hello and welcome to the forum...get the best detector you can afford and learn to use it...listen to what it is telling you and take it out every chance you get...HH...Don

Hi Ken, I am partial to Garretts although Whites does make a very good machine. The TreasureAce 250 is a very impressive low cost detector. The GTP 1350 is moderately priced and does a very nice job. The GtI 2500 is extremely versitle and very sensitive, However it is more expensive.

practice and experience are the greatest asset regardless of the type of detector! Welcome to the forum and we look forward to your future posts! 8)

Welcome aboard and whatever detector you choose, PLEASE stay with the name brands, if you can go to a dealer, check out the detector review websites and pick one you feel you'll be comfortable with. HH Bob.B

Welcome to the forum Kenneth. It sounds like you are doing pretty good so for with your finds congrats. And it seems you are doing well with the whites you are using. I like the Garrett Ace 250, you just have to learn the machine you are using.

Well,

How ya doin' :) Welcome aboard.

Take the advice on getting the best you can afford. I'm a minelab fan but the white's are just as good I'm sure. That prizm you've been using will do just fine. You could spend a month researching which one to buy. Don't kill yourself over this decision! Just figure out a budget, figure out what features you want in the detector, and get the one you like that is easiest to operate for you. You'll have to get used to whatever you buy anyhow.

Good luck.

Rod

welcome!! i swing a whites prizm III , fits my budjet for as often as i can get out! there are lots of good "budjet" machines out there, just do some research on what type of hunting you might do the most of and how much you'll be doing it.. good luck...serb

Ok! Now we have the hook in you & the fever will set in soon. Hope you get into detecting clear over your head like the rest of us. Spotz

czman said:
Hello and welcome to the forum...get the best detector you can afford and learn to use it...listen to what it is telling you and take it out every chance you get...HH...Don

No No CZ....He said metal detector, not girlfriend! LOL? ;D
Welcome to the board Ken!

Welcome, Ken. I'd say you're off to a good start wilth your friend's Prizm. If you are doing good w/his then by all means aquire one like it. If not to your liking, then look at comparable name brand units such as White, Bounty Hunter, Fisher, Garrett. HH and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back