New site yields some good finds and a mystery rock

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I find a few arrowheads a year, it has been years since I spent time hunting them hard. Got the bug again this year and finding a few here and there. This new site is a plowed field next to a lake. I started finding a lot of chips and slowed my pace. A couple hours later I had 7 broken points, 3 scrapers, tons of chips and this incredible little rock. It was in the heart of the site and this thing is so smooth it almost slips out of your fingers. I have never seen anything like it and really feel that it was crafted this way. It is 1" across and about 3/4" tall. It has faint lines that circle the entire rock. Any ideas on this rock? When I laid out the pics of the points, I drew what they possibly looked like complete. The larger point looks like a knife I have seen posted before but not sure. The 3 scrapers are all worked completely around their edges and super smooth. Since I consider myself a rookie and have found maybe a total of 60 arrowheads total, any info on any of these would be great! Thanks!

104_5059.jpg

104_5061.jpg

Upvote 0
Could be a game ball. :icon_scratch: Way to go, nice finds!

I'd say gameball too. Seems as if most game balls were bigger, but I have seen them that small. Nice material.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back