1.9 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6144.jpeg
    IMG_6144.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6143.jpeg
    IMG_6143.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 73
Upvote 14
Been using lidar to find some depressions in the woods behind my park I work. Found what was once a road. Found this knife and button. Anyone know what style button this is? Men or women’s?
Cleaned it up, wood started to rot off the center. Best I can do. I can’t get a brand from it. This thing was in rough shape and still is

Attachments

• IMG_6154.jpeg
    IMG_6154.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Congrats on the finds. The knife might be a Remington bullet knife. But I can't remember if Schrade or old timer made them for Remington.

Nathan NICE going :) What lidar are you using ?

Pocket Knives are some of the hardest things to clean into a (display) condition .

I like finding them but hate to see them slowly fall apart over the years .

You can clean them as best you can then get it as dry as possible , then dunk or spray it down with a clear coat of your choice . But ? The rust deep inside may still slowly work away the Iron down to dust .

Corrosion can be slowed down a-lot tho .

Nice finds

Pocket Knives are some of the hardest things to clean into a (display) condition .

I like finding them but hate to see them slowly fall apart over the years .

You can clean them as best you can then get it as dry as possible , then dunk or spray it down with a clear coat of your choice . But ? The rust deep inside may still slowly work away the Iron down to dust .

Corrosion can be slowed down a-lot tho .

Nice finds
Thanks for the tip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back