South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got lucky on Sunday… I had a site in mind from the 1862 map deep in the the park woods. Lidar had a corresponding anomaly. Made the trek, found the cellar hole but was obviously too large and lots of more modern 1960’s metal strewn around, probably a mining operation. So expanded the search to where water would have been easily accessible and started to see old brick chunks coming down from a flat spot above a shallow ravine. Immediately started getting good signals and the first copper popped shortly after. Best day out this year!

Attachments

• IMG_9608.jpeg
    IMG_9608.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 438
  • IMG_9610.jpeg
    IMG_9610.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_9612.jpeg
    IMG_9612.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_9603.jpeg
    IMG_9603.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_9599.jpeg
    IMG_9599.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_9605.jpeg
    IMG_9605.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_9609.jpeg
    IMG_9609.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 153
Upvote 48
Got lucky on Sunday… I had a site in mind from the 1862 map deep in the the park woods. Lidar had a corresponding anomaly. Made the trek, found the cellar hole but was obviously too large and lots of more modern 1960’s metal strewn around, probably a mining operation. So expanded the search to where water would have been easily accessible and started to see old brick chunks coming down from a flat spot above a shallow ravine. Immediately started getting good signals and the first copper popped shortly after. Best day out this year!
Great day.
What is the red squared thing you found?

Congrats on the great background research of the area, your finds are the proof it was worth your effort! :occasion14:
Love the holed LC, do you think it was a button or a kid's 'Whizzer' toy?
- Dave

Great day of digging, Congrats.

What's the one copper in the lower right?
Thx
Congrats on the great background research of the area, your finds are the proof it was worth your effort! :occasion14:
Love the holed LC, do you think it was a button or a kid's 'Whizzer' toy?
- Dave
thx! I’m guessing whizzer

Attachments

• IMG_9613.jpeg
    IMG_9613.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for the ID, I knew it looked familiar but the :coffee2:hadn't kicked in yet.
Great mitt full of buttons also.
Is the site iron heavy or pretty quiet?

Thanks for the ID, I knew it looked familiar but the :coffee2:hadn't kicked in yet.
Great mitt full of buttons also.
Is the site iron heavy or pretty quiet?
Lots of iron around the cellar. All the targets are really deep here, like 4-8”, so chasing the faint high tones often end up as globs of iron.

Lots of iron around the cellar. All the targets are really deep here, like 4-8”, so chasing the faint high tones often end up as globs of iron.
Well it certainly looks like a return hunt is in order to sniff out a possible silver lurking in the iron.

you crushed it, nice research and pivot on the fly, wtg!

Killer finds, Congrats on finding the site! What do you use for viewing the Lidar images?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back