NEW PIC

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I would add anew pic.? It has been awhile and I will posts new pics of my finds at the local beaches of Okinawa Japan.? US Navy, Command master Chief, with 28 Years active.? I will retie in two years then back to the States.? ? The picture is as follows.? Sarting from left to right.? US Air Force, USMC, US Army and myself US Navy.? It was a picture taken at the 230th USMCl.? Happy Birthday USMC

Nice Pics Kevin

THANKS for Posting.

jeff

Darn Fingers. didn't mean to post a friend and wife. Here is the shot I meant to post. Sorry. Jeff could you delete the second picture. Thank You, Kevin

Jeff, your the man. Here is one that may interest some folks. This is a Rope they use for us outside the base. Called a tug of war against the West and the south. At the end of the tug o war you take a piece of the rope with you and it gives you good luck.

2 pics here first one is the Rope and the second is a veiw of tyco drummers kids on gate two street. I thought I would let some folks see exactly how okinawa has changed.

Thanks again Jeff, Kevin

WOW Kevin! Great pictures, thanks for sharing them! My dad was a Navy lifer; kinda miss all the moving around. It took me a long time to be content to live in one place for more than two years!

vicki

Thanks for the pics Kevin and thank you for your service! :)

Kent

Gate two street,
? ?Now that takes me back to the good old days.? When I was at Oki people where still finding sealed up caves with Japanese troops in them.? I'm talking rifles ammo, full gear wow what a find.? That would be from around 1945ish I guess.? What I would give to be back on that island with my DFX.? Naha city has some great old parks.? You might want to check in to detecting a few of those really old sake caves.? That would be a great place for someone to put cache.? Close to the sea.? ?I don't know how much Japanese you speak but if you can learn a little Hogen it will really help you get in good.? It is spoken mostly by the older folks.? Way back when I had a girlfriend who was a Japanese national.? Here mother and Grandmother spoke Hogen around us when they didn't want us to know what they were saying.? I picked up a few words and it helped me out more times then I can count.? I guess Hogen puts you in the click with the cool kids.

http://www2.rpa.net/~joeroa/hogen.htm

Oh ya I guess it's about time for BON Festival. Anytime the dead awaken and walk the streets you know your in for a great time.

Happy hunting

Be sure and let us know what you find on those beaches.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 393
Kermit, Nice link. Thanks. I have been in Japan since 2001. Before I was stationed in Sasebo Japan as the USS ESSEX, Command Master Chief. Little cold up there but the weather here is great.

I noticed that you like to dive. I will get certified before I leave here.

I saw the one pic of the cats face. Is that on Okinawa? Where?

Allot has changed of what I hear. Okinawa is starting to clean up. There are plenty of beaches here. Back in March I did find a 1/5 oz Gold Coin. It is the on the I have as my profile. Like your link. To see a little of Okinawa you can go to http://www.japanupdate.com/en/ Thanks also for the link. Be safe. Kevin

Ya I think I took that pic outside of camp Foster. It's on the Island for sure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back