New permission gives up 2 center, 4 shield nickels and 2 indians today!

Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out today on a new site and did pretty good for a first hunt, 1864 2 cent, 4 shields and a liberty nickel, 1874 and 1888 indians plus several homestead relics from the 1800s . The nickels are toasted unable to get any dates , fertilizer is hard on them. Alot off crockery and glass laying on the ground. Found a brass or copper container and alot of lead and brass!
1000000703.jpg
1000000698.jpg
1000000700.jpg

Upvote 29
Got out today on a new site and did pretty good for a first hunt, 1864 2 cent, 4 shields and a liberty nickel, 1874 and 1888 indians plus several homestead relics from the 1800s . The nickels are toasted unable to get any dates , fertilizer is hard on them. Alot off crockery and glass laying on the ground. Found a brass or copper container and alot of lead and brass!View attachment 2128982View attachment 2128983View attachment 2128980
Very Cool!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Holy stinking catfish - what great bunch of finds - congrats ! :hello2:
Never heard of anyone finding four Shield Nickels on one hunt !

Good Luck on the return trip !
So many targets in this field I got tired of digging! Has to be some silver !

Wow!! Congrats on the finds. Was there a lot of larger items there or did you just pick around them?. When I get a new homesite I spend weeks trying to get the larger items out of the way.

Wow!! Congrats on the finds. Was there a lot of larger items there or did you just pick around them?. When I get a new homesite I spend weeks trying to get the larger items out of the way.
Alot of iron I usually don't dig it! I have my iron tone on the deus 2 turned down that it's barley audible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back