New Permission: Girls Camp, established 1915' (Maine)

thursdaythunder

Aug 13, 2019
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold / AT Pro / Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The camp is still operational 7 weeks out of the year, so quality of detecting was questionable ..or so I thought. Here's the first finds after a 2.5 hour solo hunt in front of the "Main Lodge".

FOTO_20191027_144310.jpg

Also found a few Canadian coins and a Kennedy half dollar. If anyone has any information regarding the 3-Man pin on the bottom of pic Id like to know more :thumbsup:

Upvote 16
Looks like you had a good first hunt. You have 2 nice Camp Archery Association pins.

Could you please tell us about the jewelry? Is it junky stuff, silver or what? What does the ring on the left say. More details would be appreciated. Keep swingin.

Looks like you had a good first hunt. You have 2 nice Camp Archery Association pins.

Could you please tell us about the jewelry? Is it junky stuff, silver or what? What does the ring on the left say. More details would be appreciated. Keep swingin.

All 3 rings are 925 sterling silver. The heart ring on the left with the inscription says "Please Return To Tiffany & Co, New York 925" - my wife says they still sell them on the Tiffany website $349
The other two are silver bands, and the one on the right has a turquoise stone set.

"Dee-Dee's" bracelet(Top of Pic) we're unsure of. Looks to be something that may have been made & lost at camp. No Markings

Nice camp finds! :icon_thumright:

All 3 rings are 925 sterling silver. The heart ring on the left with the inscription says "Please Return To Tiffany & Co, New York 925" - my wife says they still sell them on the Tiffany website $349
The other two are silver bands, and the one on the right has a turquoise stone set.

"Dee-Dee's" bracelet(Top of Pic) we're unsure of. Looks to be something that may have been made & lost at camp. No Markings

Thanks for the update. The details makes this a great hunt. Way to go. Looks like you might have a nice silver mine on your hands. Keep swingin.

Camps are my favorite place to hunt. My permission at one ended but between 2 friends and i, over 100 rings, 1000+ coins, pins, jewelry, etc. Camp was started in late 1800s and is still used today.

Nice finds....good luck if you go back again.

Looks like a great place to hunt! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back