New penny in 2005 take a look

Sorry but i think that sux! i love the lincon cent if they were to do that i guess they should have a right in 2009! because thats the 100th yr aniiversary of the lincon cent! HH CS

Cool design, but same sh*tty zinc material.

Six months in the ground here and it will be eaten to nothing.

They should go back to copper.

Maby I'm missing something ? but I think the Pic they show is the California Quarter , set to be released? next year, and have no design ideas yet for the new Cent? ???

Good eye, Jeff. Missed that my first read thru the article.

My Zinc disgust stands though and i will still be ignoring the zinc penny signals in 2009 :D

one nice thing about ignoreing the Zincs in 2009 is the 2004's will have rotted away by then ;D

jeff of pa said:
one nice thing about ignoreing the Zincs in 2009 is the 2004's will have rotted away by then? ;D

That would be a blessing and just peachy with me. 8)

Is it summer yet? :D

Don't laugh, but I still dig those zinc signals. One of them turned out to be my Rolex. (See my post under the 'Best Finds' heading) I found it between a bunch of fresh holes dug by someone else-- they probably left it because it was a zinc signal. (I almost didn't dig it myself for the same reason!) Only way to be sure is to dig EVERY target.

And, YES, I do wish they would go back to the bronze pennies. Or maybe mix some iron with that zinc!

Hey Dragon,
That's a California Condor not a red Tailed Hawk. I feel ike Schwartzanegger totally screwed Californians over on this one. First he puts a bird on there that nobody gives a rat's ass about anymore, then he puts John Muir's Image with Yosemite's Half Dome on there. I'll bet if you go back and look at the Sierra CLub's donation to his campaign it was probably substantial.
The one design that everybody liked got thrown by the wayside. Most Californians voted for the Gold Panner with the Giant Sequoia in the background. Figures that we have to live with one person's opinion instead of what the people really wanted. Probably more maria's choice than Arnold's. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back