Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent most of the day with hubby cutting and clearing trails in the woods. Decided to reward myself by going detecting at a school park that I spotted on Friday. Just so happens that my little nephew goes to school there so I called him to see if he wanted to join me. It made his day and mine too!
I think this was the first year that the park has been open so there was very little trash. Wood chips for diggin! ;) My kinda spot! I didn't get to spend the amount of time there that I wanted to, maybe an hour....but a very fun hour. Nephew started out the first five minutes and found thirty five cents......and then the rest of the hour playing....he had a great time! I haphazardly covered almost half the place. Saved the other half for next weekend! My family is scolding me for taking the kids milk money and I reply with............. naaa....just rescued 38 coins! ;D

I had a great weekend....how bout you?!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• hpark.JPG
    hpark.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 450
Upvote 0
WTG, good job Nana.

Great finds Nana

Way to go Nana. Looks like a good hour to me!

Deadshot

Way to go Nana! I was detecting at a local middle school when some smart guy strolled up and said, "Don't you feel guilty taking the kid's lunch money"? " Ha, ha, ha"! Without even looking up I replied, "No, but I do feel a little guilty about taking your old lady's wedding ring"! "Ha, ha, ha"! I heard him walk off grumbling under his breath! Take that milk money and enjoy it! JIM aka KS

Nice haul Nana,

HH

Lonewolfe

Sounds like a very well spent hour, WTG!!!
I think the kids had already lost their lunch money... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Can you believe ----NO BULLETS--- :D

I think this is a first for me! I always manage to find at least ONE....no matter where I hunt! This particular park is hidden behind the school and there were coins everywhere! Take a step or two and there ya go! Love it when it is that easy! The only hard part was the base of each play spot was metal....so couldn't get very close to them...

Thanks yall!

Nana ;)

The real treasure was taking the nephew and teaching him our wonderful hobby.

Congrats on the time well spent Nana

Chris from SW MO

Nanna, If I'm diggin' tha' chips, I use my ACE 250 and my stinger coil. I turn the sensitivity way down to the first notch and I can get right up next to those metal poles on the playground equipment. By getting next to them I mean about 4" before it starts wigging out and picking up the poles. I can still get down about 6" even at the first notch. I have found quite a few quarters that are masked by those darn metal poles. If it's loose chips, I sometimes just run the tip of my pinpointer down in there and move it around a bit to see if I get a hit. I did eventually break the barrel off my pinpointer but it wasn't from doing that! JIM aka KS

Nice finds, now I know you saw this coming!

AUBURN WEAK!!!
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL TIDE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back