New "Panning for Gold" (blanket) product?

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Past few years I've watched a few videos of people who pan for gold. I've watched how they use the different type of "ribbed" blankets in their sleuths.

Thus saying that. I was thinking about that ribbed material and its purpose. ... well what if you took ...lets say.. a 25 ft long and 4 ft wide piece of "ribbed" (rubber/vinal) material and stretched it out across a stream or small river and just left it there? Of course you'd anchor it down securely, then come back after a few good rainy days later and see what was stuck it it? ... would it work and find you any gold? They would be like giant ribbed catches stretched across screams and rivers.

I have access to materials of this nature, that are ribbed. I believe it would work. Any thoughts?

Just curious

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts concerning this? Seems like it would work.

Ribbed matting works in a sluice, because you have control of the slope, the water flow, and the amount of material that is processed. You won't have control of any of these in a river. Only way to know for sure, is try it.

I doubt it would yield very much if anything...

sent from a potato...

the answer is no

only if it's ribbed for her pleasure
will you have an orgasmic fulfilling reaction...

I thinik it might be worth a try in a small stream with moderate flow and known to have gold. May depend a lot on the depth of the ripples in relation to the water flow. I've heard of people digging the material in the grooves of culverts and retrieving bits of gold so it's worth a try.
luvsdux

hola bloodline::coffee2::coffee2:, of course it will work, perhaps not as efficiently as in a controlled environment, but yes, it will physically catch Gold. Most culverts that cross a road in Gold bearing country have regular visitors- The rings act as riffles and are cleaned out every season. Even the smooth ones will trap Gold. The smooth ones trap Gold by the natural stream action of the rocks that are deposited in side modifying the flow in the culvert.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back