New one

COYOTEONE

Greenie
Feb 9, 2024
Just got a new Legend, so far like it a lot, still going though the setup, and watching a lot of video on the old iPad, took it out yesterday for about an hour or so, got two mercury dimes,
and of course trash 🙀,, seems it has real good deep, been out of detection for about 30 years, it has changed a lot, also use the headphones works real well but to hot, and I like to hear what’s around me , so I picked up a wireless Avantree Torus, seems to pair really well and not so hot, also something that I didn’t have or they didn’t make A pinpointer,AccuPOINT,
boy do I like it, don’t have to run over it with my detector all the time after plug, things change after 30 or 40 years😱, any way glad to be back,
COYOTE

Suncoast Kid

Feb 15, 2022
Detector(s) used
Minelab, XP
Yeah, as for the Legend, it can be a really good detector, or you can run into problems after a firmware update, as what's happened to some folks after doing so.
I have a test garden that has different configurations of coins at different depths, some masked by iron, etc., buried for years.
You can use something like that as a standard to monitor the performance of your detector before and after your firmware updates. Just maybe take some notes, and make sure that your setting are the same so you don't have any deviations.
Just note to remember to do a factory reset after the update. Then adjust your settings as they were previously. Hopefully it will act the same, or better. If you notice a loss of performance, you can always redo the update again. Hopefully everything goes smooth for you.

OP
OP
C

COYOTEONE

Greenie
Feb 9, 2024
Yeah, as for the Legend, it can be a really good detector, or you can run into problems after a firmware update, as what's happened to some folks after doing so.
I have a test garden that has different configurations of coins at different depths, some masked by iron, etc., buried for years.
You can use something like that as a standard to monitor the performance of your detector before and after your firmware updates. Just maybe take some notes, and make sure that your setting are the same so you don't have any deviations.
Just note to remember to do a factory reset after the update. Then adjust your settings as they were previously. Hopefully it will act the same, or better. If you notice a loss of performance, you can always redo the update again. Hopefully everything goes smooth for you.
Thanks , yes set up a test garden last week, go out just about every time I make a change on the legend, seems to do well, better as as time goes by,I have 1:11 firmware, don’t need 1:13 as of now ? Set up user 1&2 , going to leave 3&4 on factory setup for now.
coyote

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, welcome back. You made a great choice for your return. Guess I've been lucky, never had a problem with any of the several updates so far. I also have not perceived a need for the 1.13 update. Sounds like you have a plan and off to a great start. Best of luck.

Suncoast Kid

Feb 15, 2022
Detector(s) used
Minelab, XP
For some reason it seems like it's the transition from 1.11 to 1.13 is where some are having a problem. I guess others not. I heard Windows 10 works best, as that's what I used with no problems. Just again, remember to do that factory reset.

OP
OP
C

COYOTEONE

Greenie
Feb 9, 2024
For some reason it seems like it's the transition from 1.11 to 1.13 is where some are having a problem. I guess others not. I heard Windows 10 works best, as that's what I used with no problems. Just again, remember to do that factory reset.
Yes I think I’ll just use 1:11 for awhile untill I get better at knowing the ends and out of this MD.thanks

OP
OP
C

COYOTEONE

Greenie
Feb 9, 2024
Two merc's first time out in 30 years with a brand new detector. You should go buy a lottery ticket. Well done.
😃😀 you right about that!, but that is just going to make me look longer,
got them next to an old cemetery, civil war old..anyway say no to the lottery ticket
coyote

cronk

Sep 27, 2022
Indiana
Detector(s) used
EQX800, Legend
Yes I think I’ll just use 1:11 for awhile
Shouldn't be any difference between 1.11 and 1.13, other than the latter allows for a seamless hand-off with the Accupoint and the Legend in the headphone audio.

In other words, as soon as you switch on your Accupoint, you only hear it in the headphones (Nokta ones only, I believe), and switching off the Accupoint instantly transitions the audtio back to the detector.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just ordered a Legend from Bart. After being impressed with my Simplex+. I don't think I'll be doing any updates since I use a Mac as my weapon of choice. I'm looking forward to adding it to my collection.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just ordered a Legend from Bart. After being impressed with my Simplex+. I don't think I'll be doing any updates since I use a Mac as my weapon of choice. I'm looking forward to adding it to my collection.
Looks like your off and running well with it! Enjoy it Sir!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions