killeraxemannic

Greenie
Sep 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites TREASUREpro, Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi!

I am getting ready to jump in to the metal detecting hobby. I used to go detecting with my grandpa when I was 10 or so. We stopped because the machine we bought broke. My grandfather recently passed away and while I was cleaning out his house I found another of the same machine we used to have (Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101). He must have bought another one but we never ended up using it for some reason. I have been playing around with it for the past few days. Even though it has sentimental value to me it doesn't seem to work very well so I am ready to buy a decent machine that I can find some stuff with. I need a new hobby and this seems like a fun and easy one to get into fairly cheaply. My last hobby ended up costing me way too much money :sadsmiley: Hopefully I can find some stuff in my state. It doesn't have a whole lot of history or beaches but I guess I can still try my luck!

Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

Wel-come to the club ... :occasion14:

metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Killer! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Welcome to the forum! There is history everywhere, so talk to old timers and find out where old picnic spots, swimming holes, and old schools used to be. Even older home sites are great spots to detect.

Wayne

Metal Detecting Stuff

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back