Etrac w/ X1
AT Pro
Coinmaster
Compadre
Cutlass II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings from N.C,

Not new to the hobby, but new to the addiction! Bought my first detector Tesoro Cutlass II early 90's, parted with it between moves. Wifey & daughter gave me one for Christmas and not knowing I had bought our daughter one the same Christmas. That Morning we had two new detectors in the house and that's how I got back into detecting.

This year have logged over a hundred hunts with 1800+ coins, dozen rings mostly .925, still no 14k. Last month did my first water hunt & really hooked on detecting those swimming holes!

Thinking of adding a new machine & leaning towards the Deus, but being told need to get the Etrac. Any input greatly accepted.

HH from the Tarheel state.

metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Wel-come to the show ... :headbang:

Welcome to the Tnet and to the obsession. I have not used either detector in question. I believe you could go either way and be happy. The dues is a very light machine and has faster recovery than the Etrac.

Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Welcome to the fun!

The minelab FBS products are very deep detectors, but come with a steep learning curve. With that said, you will definitely enjoy the ETrac once you understand the "minelab language". I use the AT Pro/Gold for relic hunting, they are very effective in this area.

Regards,

The Professor is correct. Coming from a "normal" metal detector background I'd say that my previous experience with different detectors was probably a hindrance in learning the Etrac. It really frustrated me until I just settled back and accepted that I was learning a new language. Learning how to pinpoint with the Etrac was also frustrating = I was digging some big holes. For me, that wasn't a problem because I started off using it on my own property. But if my first outings were on public property it would have been ugly.

However, in hindsight, I made it difficult on myself in learning what it was saying. It actually is as simple as you make it.

Last edited:
Welcome to TNet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back