ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Ok terrible start, but those were huge nails I dug today!

This last spring I was LAND detecting an old camp with a lake and even though the beach was small I thought it would be worth a try. So today I decided to go out and play and see if there was anything lurking. I did and there was. Of course the shallows were hammered. However the lake has a drop off!! One of my very favorite places to play.

My best find. Something I have never dug a lot of at once. The squad of lead soldiers. They were all within 5' of each other. Eight of them. That is a record number for me all at once. Maybe some kid had them on a boat crossing the lake and it sunk? No clue.

Another strange thing. 4 war nickels. I don't think I have ever got that many on one hunt before either. Now my silver coin count and my gold count are both one shy. I have 299 silver coins and 49 gold rings for the year. The quarter yesterday and the 11 silvers today.

Another half!! This is a 1951 Franklin, A 1940 Washington, 3 mercs, 2 rosey's and the 4 war nickels. Also two sterling boy scout rings. 20 wheat cents bring up the old coin count. Haven't looked at the dates yet.

This was all sand and gravel. No huge buildup of black crud.

Last edited:
Upvote 25
MAN NICE FINDS . BUT WHERE IS THE MERMAID GOT TO BE A MERMAID IN THEM WATERS SOME WHERE .

Sweet finds again I think I know the spot you went to I found two rings on the ground side Let me know if you ever try that spot I sent pics of its very accessable!! I would love to see your rings and coins for the year in one gigantic pile so all of us could drool but then you might start seeing 20 to 30 dive flags all around every lake you go to LOL Thanks for sharing stay safe scuba!!!!!!!!!

Sweet hunt Scuba, that's the most war nickels I've see found in one hunt. :occasion14:

Great dive! Love the Scout rings. :occasion14:

Sweet, Sweet, & Sweet.
I think some kid might have used those toy soldiers as lead sinkers. You really had a great hunt. (Again )
Congratulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back