• image-1803828996.jpg
    image-1803828996.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 135
  • image-1564499083.jpg
    image-1564499083.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Upvote 7
WTG on the NJ and welcome to the 1700's club. Where's there's 1 there might be 2

Congrats on finding the NJ copper, and so close to your house, I am sure more older coins will be in the area. Could you PM me the county found in for my circulation study I am doing on NJ coppers. Yours is the 41st reported found from the state of NY. If the county is the one you show living in , that would be the first for that county in my survey.

I attributed the variety as a very common one, 1787 Maris 43-d.....................Being holed is of special note for me, not many NJ coppers were holed in the survey.

Don

Attachments

• 1787 M.43-d New York find Tnet.jpg
    1787 M.43-d New York find Tnet.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Nice find! Where there's one there maybe more!

CONGRATS on your first New Jersey Copper, May there be many more to come :thumbsup:

Congrats on finding the NJ copper, and so close to your house, I am sure more older coins will be in the area. Could you PM me the county found in for my circulation study I am doing on NJ coppers. Yours is the 41st reported found from the state of NY. If the county is the one you show living in , that would be the first for that county in my survey. I attributed the variety as a very common one, 1787 Maris 43-d.....................Being holed is of special note for me, not many NJ coppers were holed in the survey. Don

Thanks for all the info .. That's why I love this site all the experts out there that know so much about our hobby... It's awesome. I'll PM u the location information. Thanks again for the feedback just think one or more of our founding fathers could have held this coin mind blowing ...

George

Nice Jersey copper. :thumbsup: I found my only New Jersey copper in upstate New York as well and submitted the county of the recovery to Don for his distribution survey. Congrats on the find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back