New here

S

Scots Gaelic

After 12+ years I have come back to this wonderful past time. I have an old Garrett ADS III that "just does not like me". 3 weeks ago I recieved my Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II, and am amazed at what it can do! From the 1st day I got it, I have bee hunting at park (1 mile long by apprx 100 yards wide) here in Orange County. Calif.. I have found apprx $130.00 in coins and a beautiful gold Charm w/ a tigers eye cabasion stone (cut just right to look like a star sapire (but yellow/brown insteade). I appoligize for no pictures bu have almost got enogh for a digital camera, which I will have by 01/01/07. I will post full pics around then.

My main question is this: "How the h&%$ do you get these coins clean?
("Forget the zinc pennies that look like they have a really bad case of pimples"), (really gotta love the idiot who came up with that idea!) I have tried an ultrasonic cleaner to no avail, and do not want to make them worse than they already look!

Please, any and all idea's and advise would be great!

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums

Thats a lot of coins...there are several ways to clean clad (i usually hide it in rolls and spend them becuase people throw them away anyways + sometimes it's humorous to see coins so screwed up) I would advise using a coin tumbler with sand in it, which is the most eficient way. For more ideas, go to the "cleaning and preservation" forum a bit down the forums page.

HH
-GC

Way to go Scots - at the rate you're going, you'll have that QDII paid for in no time at all! $130.00 is a LOT of coins, I bet your thighs are screaming!

Try soaking those coins in some warm soapy water (about 3 cups) add 1/2 cup vinegar and one teaspoon of salt, shake them around a bit and see if that doesn't help.

Hey, S.G. — welcome aboard! Sounds like you're back in action with that new BH. Can't wait to see the pics!

Welcome to the 4um's

nice finds!

hh

lonewolfe

Re: New here - thank you

Thanks every one! I'll try each of those methods. I'll get those pics up asap.

Tumble them...no chemicals to worry about and they come out as nice as they are ever going to get.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back