New from New England

Lamplighter

Mar 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 1-d 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, excited to find you guys and looking forward to starting metal detecting this year. I have an old Bounty Hunter 1-d 505 that was my grandfathers but should be fine to get me going. This looks to be a great place to ask questions and learn what to do (and not do).

What I've learned so far watching metal detecting you tube videos:
cover holes when you're done
don't rub coins when you find them (but everyone does)
ask permission (always)
leave the place better than you found it (remove rubbish)
research is the key

Here's to the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Thanks, Paul

Welcome. If you were a little more specific about where in New England you are you might get some tips on where to look, make a new hunting buddy, etc. It's not required of course. For example I moved to Tennessee after living 50+ years in NH. I know of ALOT of places in NH I would be happy to share.

Wel-come to the club ... :occasion14:

metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Paul! Well, considering "New England" consists of six states - you might consider (in alphabetical order) browsing Sub-Forums: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont for information directly related whichever state you actually live in...

Thanks everyone, I'm in New Hampshire, buried currently in the White Mountains. Feels like this winter won't end, itching to get out there and find something.

Welcome to the forum!

NH I get up to the Kanc every so often looking for gold. We are buried here by Gillette Stadium. I used to detect but have bad knees now and kneel to dig

Yes, that is a very popular area for gold. I'm told NH had a few major gold operations years ago. I mostly see panning and some dredging. I'm more interested in relics but wouldn't mind trying some panning on a warm day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back