New Dump site 100+ Found Today,+ 13 pop and 2 insulators (7 Pictures)

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, That nice policeman that I gave 25+ bottles to for his wife for mothers day was right..In my last post Sunday,mothers day I metioned that he turned me on to an Older dump site......I couldn't wait for the weekend> I stopped there after work to check it out ,and found 30 bottles in 15-20 minutes.
I went home to eat,and grab a bucket..I went back out there sortly afterwords.The first pic is 21 bottles,the second is 9.........These are the first ones I found in the 15-20 minutes..........
After supper ,I spent almost 2 hours mulling over which ones to bring home......3rd picture is the site itself..Pic 4 is 32 bottles..pic #5is
Pics 6 and 7 are what I consider my best finds today......13 old milk,water and pop bottles,recognize the old coke bottle ? To bad it is cracked quit a bit....Pic # 7 is two electrical insulators......I hope to get better at picking my bottles as I am getting hooked on bottle hunting and starting to drive my wife nuts..........
Please let me know if you see any semi valuable ones so I can focus on hunting for them......DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD BOTTLE BOOK THAT CAN HELP ME CHERRY PICK MY FINDS ? Thanks and I hope you injoy looking as much as I injoyed finding them....
000_0862.jpg

000_0866.jpg

000_0869.jpg

000_0870.jpg

000_0872.jpg

000_0873.jpg

000_0877.jpg

Here are a few closeups of the pop ,milk,and water bottles...Please let me know if any of these are collectable...
I already know the one on the left Hammond Dairy . is (Locally) ..As well as a Coke,in good condition......But how about the rest ?.
000_0876.jpg

000_0875.jpg

000_0874.jpg

Mcnickle I dont know of a book about them although i know there is but I did see something posted about cleaning them properly so they look new . You can actually damage the old glass if you ue a harsh detergent I think. I/ll see if i remeber it. As far as these go I really like a few and if you want to sell me one or two i would love to work out a price. I will look tomorow. Thanks and really nice work and finds.
HH

Those are some pretty cool looking bottles. I don't no anything about them, but I think i would like to learn. I'm going to keep my eye on this post and see if any experts have any comments. Great finds, thanks for posting them.

;D thats a real nice collection old dumps are a lot of fun looks like you will have a lot of exploring to do from the looks of the virgin soil is it in an area you can dig?
HH

There is a book at books a million that tells values for bottles.

Thankx Vrent and Prizn IV,,,,,Yes it is in an area that I can dig,but so many others were out there from years gone by ....That all I have to do is walk in,around and threw the digs and try to chery pick what I think is old..You know,,the ones w/out screw caps and the ones that don't have the seam all the way up.....Not to much colered glass visible above ground,mostly clear glass,and Loooooots of it.....I have walked threw 5 times now,,each time looking for ,and taking different types of bottles.....The Old Mason Jars ,and Old Coke bottles were long gone when I got there,,,,unless I am willing to dig.......I will soon enough ,but for now I am looking for old soda bottles,Buster and Daisy brands.....Then Old Nehi,,,,,quit a few there......Now I am going back to get some Dairy bottles,,,,,,Some of you that are old enough , might remember the bottles clanging around as the milk man was making his deliveries?Those pint ,Qt,and 1/2 Gals are the ones I'm picking up now......I will post some pics before saturday.....This time I will clean the glass up a bit before taking any pics......I'LL BE BACK

There is some good ways to clean the bottles. One is tumbaling gets them nice & shinny.

McNickle, those are so coool looking! That's all my wife would need now, me collecting old bottles!! I can see that I'd get hooked on that too! I'd have to find a new home! LOL

HH 8) surfrat

Hi Mc nickle,
one of your bottles i belive is a white house vinagar jar. all white house glass is quite collectable,I have about ten of these in different shapes have one like you on the fourth pic. second row right end of table. good bottles thx
muddyknees

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back