New DFX Owner First Finds and Help!

baltjoe

Greenie
Sep 26, 2004
Hello there,

I have just gotten back into MDing.? I use to have a Garrett Freedom One bought back in the early 90s and started messing with it again last month after I stumbled onto this forum.? I read up on things and ended up buying a White's DFX and what a difference it is over my old Garrett.? ?In any case here are my first finds with it.? All coins are clad , the oldest being a 1964 penny.? The longer iron piece appears to be a knife blade.? All were found at a local park and dug within a leisurely 2 hours getting use to the DFX.? I also love the pinpointer I got with it which is a bullseye.

Now for the help.? Anyone have any idea what the lass piece is in the photo?? It was found next to the 1964 penny and the lead 2oz fishing sinker at about 6 inches.

Thanks for the help and the cool stories on this board!

Joe

Attachments

• September 30 finds.jpg
    September 30 finds.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 278
  • Glass Piece.jpg
    Glass Piece.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 280
Upvote 0
I don't know what your glass thingy is, but welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing lots of great finds from you!

vicki

Welcome and nice finds!! I think what you have there is a peice of an old milkglass cosmetic jar, what does it say on it?

Excellent choice on new detector, that looks like a old jar that had hand lotion in it.

porcelian insulater for a electric wire of the sort........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back