New and improved "roasterruler" retrieving apparatus.

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks CRHer...
I tried out the new model alittle but I'm not sure if it's working properly or if the machine I tried it on just didn't have many coins underneath...I managed a penny here and there...so I think I will bring both retrieving tools after this...
There are two causes I believe for a large amount of coins under the machine.
You can see my attached image for illustration.
Screenshot_20240429_152543_Gallery.jpg

As you can see, there are two chutes going to coin boxes and a third chute down the middle that dumps into the reject tray in the door. (There is also the dirt tray just below the basket, but coins rarely end up there.)
I believe something can gum up the chutes going to the boxes and cause them to take a bad bounce and miss the box... or the box may not be sitting just right and some just miss the opening.
Second reason there are sometimes many coins under the machine... a customer dumps a LARGE amount of coins and doesn't clear the reject chute for long enough to where it eventually starts overflowing the top of the chute inside the machine... or a glut of rejects got jammed high in the chute causing an overflow without letting any coins come out of the reject.
From what I've seen, the guy(s) who maintain my local machine NEVER bother with picking up the coins on the floor under the machine, so they definitely accumulate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are two causes I believe for a large amount of coins under the machine.
You can see my attached image for illustration.
View attachment 2146243

As you can see, there are two chutes going to coin boxes and a third chute down the middle that dumps into the reject tray in the door. (There is also the dirt tray just below the basket, but coins rarely end up there.)
I believe something can gum up the chutes going to the boxes and cause them to take a bad bounce and miss the box... or the box may not be sitting just right and some just miss the opening.
Second reason there are sometimes many coins under the machine... a customer dumps a LARGE amount of coins and doesn't clear the reject chute for long enough to where it eventually starts overflowing the top of the chute inside the machine... or a glut of rejects got jammed high in the chute causing an overflow without letting any coins come out of the reject.
From what I've seen, the guy(s) who maintain my local machine NEVER bother with picking up the coins on the floor under the machine, so they definitely accumulate.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree.

About half the machines in my route are only an inch, maybe an inch-and-a-half off the ground. And some have small patches of carpet in front, making the underside pretty inaccessible.
I'm trying out another coin swatter....my last one fell apart...the space is pretty close to the floor...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread