New and deciding..

S

sanlands

I've been reading threads on this forum for quiet awhile now (more often than posting) and the more I read the more eager I get. And I can hardly wait. I'm planning on buying a easy to use but good quality metal detecto thats good for a person on a tight budget or first time userr.. That eliminates possible over half of all the metal detectors out there.

I've narrowed them down to th BH line up 505, 202, 101

But then while reading I heard someone had a metal detector from Garrett and so I looked that up on Ebay and their selling one for 150$. I looked it up on many search engines but all of them are only Ads telling me to buy it. So now I wanna know should I stick with the BH? Or get a Garrett Ace 150.. Oo Thanks

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong category but I didnt know where)

Upvote 0
Sanlans, Go for the ACE150 if it's in your price range. I am a BH Pioneer 101 user, I like it and it has found me plenty in the last few weeks, but the Garret ACE150 is a better machine (in my opinion). I'm going to upgrade in a few months, and my trusty old Bounty Hunter will be handed down to one of my MDing daughters. Welcome aboard, and good hunting!

While on the internet type in : Metal Detector Reviews, then check out the sites that print statements from
people who use the different types of detectors, you can get some good pointers. Don't go to the ones that only review certain Manufacturers. HH Bob.B

Correction: I just went to White's home page and didn't see the classic series. I guess I better make sure my advice is up to date next time. It looks like their lower price line these days is the Prism series. I haven't heard much about them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back