Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! We've been lurking for a few weeks but got a new Ace 250 a week ago. Haven't had a ton of time yet to use it but did check out a nearby dump. We ended up turning off the detector and just digging trash. :)

Lots of rusty metal and broken glass in a rock pile. We found a few nice unbroken bottles. Not sure if they are very valuable as I don't think they are super old. Best finds include: a Grand Rapids (Mich.) Brewing Company green glass bottle, brown Clorox bleach bottle, two unbroken milk bottles from local dairies and numerous other medicine bottles. Can anyone identify for us the little "Tom" man pictured on the broken glass?

Should we should pitch most of it as planned? Even I remember glass ketchup bottles. :) We plan to keep the unbroken ones mentioned above.

Enjoy all your great stories....very inspiring!

Attachments

• treasure07 031compress.jpg
    treasure07 031compress.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 464
  • treasure07 032compress.jpg
    treasure07 032compress.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 460
  • treasure07 022compress.jpg
    treasure07 022compress.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 458
  • treasure07 014compress.jpg
    treasure07 014compress.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 440
Upvote 0
Love that "soft curd" bottle! Very neat. Congrats.
-MM-

Welcome to T-Net. You did good on the bottle finds...love that milk bottle. Good luck with you new Ace 250 and keep us posted of your finds. ;D

;) RR

dieharddigger said:
Some pyroglazed milks can be worth a lot. Has to have a city name though. Nice one!

The Willits dairy bottle does have the city named on the other side not pictured. Since the dairy is from our city I will be keeping this one. I have tried researching the dairy on the Internet but haven't found anything yet. There is a road by the same name around here. Maybe a small family dairy?

bongo1962 said:
Very nice for dug bottles, has that food jar got any markings? Bongo

I hadn't figured the small, glass jar out.....thought maybe it was a vase? I checked and found no markings but you did get me thinking "food jar." I remembered a flat glass Ball lid (no. 10)my 5 year old son had in his "treasures" and tried it and it fit nicely on the jar. Now I'll have to trade him something for it. :)

Those Bottles are all Keepers. Very nice collection. I'd go back and get some more.

Our hobby is not just detecting, it is relic hunting, arrowhead hunting, bottle hunting or as some say dump diving and of course coin hunting. There are so many things a person can do, while Detecting.

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to your great finds with your new ACE 250.

HH, Ringfinder

Welcome aboard from Washington, I look forward to seeing what happens when you turn the Ace back on ;)

Anne, i would make a grid of the site and dig if you can or carefully search any places you may have over looked . There should be tons of others ther just under the surface that can be had depending on the site and if you can dig there. Common milk bottles go for @ 5 bucks . Ones with illustartions or local/national interest ie Borden go for more. Check out the bottle\glass link on tnet there are sure to be experts with good advice there as aI have found\ sold bottles for a short time. Good luck keep hunting and keep us posted.

Acevillav 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back