CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never buy a Fisher F-70 unless you want to dig a single bb at a 4inch depth.
This happened today. My signal was so strong, I thought I had a copper cent. Even after plug was "dug", it took time to locate. Once found, I thought there must be more in plug/hole? Nope. The bb was it!
I've viewed many negative posts about Fisher's F-75/ F-70. I disagree. In my limited use of the F-70, I do find it to "chatter", but metal is always below coil, trash or keeper. Time, as always, equals great finds.
All detectors have a "learning curve". Learn your curve.
Peace

no offence but sounds like the machine is working just fine.

no offence but sounds like the machine is working just fine.

I thought that was his point? lol :laughing7:

I want an F75 soooo bad! (The '70's look cool too)

Thank you pkb and treadhead for responding. And, treadhead, I hope you soon acquire the F-75 you desire!
I'm new to Fisher products, but it appears the F-70 and I will be friends. I have no clue to the capabilities of this machine. So far, it's waaaay out performing my others. It's Extremely sensitive and unforgiving though. I believe sound, not TID/VDI, is the key. All I know for sure so far is this machine goes DEEP!
Good luck in all you do. Peace

That's soooo funny GAP!? I remember my grandma stating, "that's one fast horse", every time I broke outta the house. Happy Holidays to you and yours. Peace

You havn't seen nothing yet CincinnatiKid. These Fisher/Tek machines will blow your mind at what they pull out of the ground that others completly miss. Get the 5" coil, it is a lethal weapon also.
HH

Thanks All. Tomorrow after a 9am product meeting, I'm out for the weekend! I just "double" zip locked my F-70, as rain is 100% here. Oh yea, I also used probly 30' of duct tape. ;)
Temps have been 50+ this day, so snow is nearly gone. Rain gear is clean and ready for mud.
I have two sites I'm gonna hit. First, the outlying boundry of a sport complex. Second, a circa 1850, homestead where I recently found a 1866 shield nickel and 1900 bar token. Both locations will be interesting and fun.
Good luck to all this weekend! Be safe...
Merry Christmas! Peace

I don't use a Fisher, but one time I dug the head from a horseshoe nail, slightly larger than a BB at a measured 7.5" , strong signal in an old wagon road. Made me ponder just how much sensitivity do we really want or need.
luvsdux

Thanks luvsdux. I started sensitivity at 85. I quickly backed it down with no apparent depth loss? My journey continues... Merry Christmas! Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back