Neet stuff today! What is that anyway? UPDATED!!! UPDATED AGAIN!!!

D

Darod

Hey everyone,

I had a fun day today. Spent about 2 hours at a public playground area in a Park near the public Library.

I found $1.87 in clad:

all.jpg

I also found the 2 items on the right side of the photo. The first one there is a metal coin made from metal
melted down from parts of the launch pad from Complex 14 out at Cape Canaveral Air Station just up the coast from where I live.

complex14all.jpg

The other item is a medal of some sorts, apparently from a local (or maybe not local) bicycle race. I have no idea just how old it is. It may be rather recent or it may be rather old. Has anyone seen a medal like this one before?

medalmadeinusaall.jpg

All in all I had a really fun day. The weather was perfect! Low 70's and a nice breeze. Ahhhh :)

Sorry guys, not trying to rub it in there :)

Anyhow, here is a link to more photos if you care to look. They are quite large so be prepared to wait for them to fully load.

http://www.ao-fl.com/treasurenet/userimages/darod/2_08_05/

Rod

Upvote 0
Re: Neet stuff today! What is that anyway?

Nice finds Rod! Your making me jealous, as the weather here has not been accomidating to us MDrs! I'm chomping at the bit to get out there and get in some detecting! Again, great finds, HH!

Maybe ask a local sign or trophey place about the metal they may have made it for a race in your area.

Nice finds, I like that complex 14 medal. ?That one is pretty cool. ?HH

Hey guys! I did a quick bit of research on the medal. If you look at the bottom of the back side you can see it has some text there. Well, I made a guess that it said "Crown Trophy" and did a search on Google.com with that string.

Bingo! I found Crown Trophy's site and the medal is still being sold online as of right now. So, I would guess that it's relatively new/recent.

Here is a screen shot of their site and I made a bright green box around the medal I found today:

crowntrophy.jpg

Rod

Hey I looked into the Complex 14 medalion and found this page with google.com:

Notice that the emblem on the page is like the one on the back of the medalion I found! :)

complex14page.jpg

This is just a screenshot of the page. you can get to the page by going here:

https://www.patrick.af.mil/45OG/Complex14.htm Accept the secure prompt if you get it.

Rod

Check this out!

I found this photo:

Look at it closely,...it's the image on the front of the medalion!

rocket.jpg

Cool huh ;D

Rod

Outstanding job on the research, Darod and some wonderful finds as well. Keep up the great work!

Don't know if it's real high value medal but it's sure neat. Awesome finds!

THanks for the nice comments everyone :)

Dan,

Do a search here on Treasurenet based on Florida and beach. You can use other key words as well, just mess with it for a bit and you should get plenty of info on the laws for MD'ing on the beach around here. I do know that there are admirality laws in place near all the wreck sites (1715 Spanish Fleet) and you can't detect "in" the water at all in those areas. You can however work the beach to your hearts content.

I'd do that search and just read as much as you can.

Good luck
Rod

I agree!

I got just as excited finding the information on the web as I did finding the medalion and medal :)

Rod

Oh yes! The race for space. I love those medalions. I sure spend a lot of time being jealous on this forum. Great find & great pix. Spotz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back