Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a call from the farmer at the bottom of the hill this morning.I have MDed at his place a very little, waiting for rain so as to do no damage.Anyway ,he lost a part from the hay rake and called knowing that i have an MD.Right down the hill I went.When I got there he showed me where the part came from.It was a piece of bar stock about 9 in x 1 1/4 in square.I gave himmy sons ACE 250 and told him a little about it.I took off my shirt for a marker and started off with my whites coinmaster.I was sweeping in 3 ft swipes in a grid pattern.After about 1 1/2 hrs ,Johnny turned off the ace and headed my way.He was ready to give up and said hed get the new part Monday.I told him I cant quit that easily, just I got a strong signal. I kicked the hay with my boot and there it was,DUNK as my steel tip hit the bar stock.I looked up and smiled. Went from the hay field up to his house .This is about 2 hrs and 15 mins into it now.I knocked on the door and asked ,"is this what you were looking for?"he said holy S^&T! I told him its time to get back to work ,no more slacking.He thanked me again and again.He also told me that he will take me and jak8 to an OLD house they had burned down and an old cellar hole on his property.Whoo Hooo, more sites to hunt I love it.Actually finding that part and getting him back to running and dreams of what we might find sure does make the sunburn feel better.Remember like a bone head i used my shirt as a marker. I drove by later and he was raking and that made it all worth it.Sorry if it was long but it gave me good feelings.

thanx for looking ,jimmy

Upvote 0
Good deal,

sounds like a promising site to hunt!

HH

Lonewolfe

Really great story!

;)

You did good Jimmy ! and going to get a new spot to hunt. You know that farmer will tell other farmers, and I will bet you will get some more calls.
~Kansas~

Awesome job Jimmy. Always makes you feel great about yourself when you do things like that.

HH

Twister

That is cool Jimmy. Hope the next hunt is all gold for you. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back