Need yalls help

vinarae

Feb 23, 2007
Need ya'lls help

I found this with my white's detector while hunting an area next to a RR track. Was told there might have been a blacksmith's shop in this area also. This thing seems to be solid brass, 2 in. long and has an "S" stamped on one side. I've asked every oldtimer I know about this item but nobody has a clue about it. Is there anyone out there that can help with this? Thanks

Attachments

• MVC-064S.JPG
    MVC-064S.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 390
Re: Need ya'lls help

could it be the head of a railroad spike?

Upvote 0

Brass engot for melting down. To use for making things. One big guess but that was the first thing that came to mine. Hillbilly Bread<><

Upvote 0

Don't have a clue, but Welcome anyway, ;D

Fossis.................

Upvote 0

I know it has nothing to do with a railroad spike and if were to be used for melting down for another purpose, then why the "S" stamp.?

Vinarae

Upvote 0

Most of the the time they mark scrap ingot's most of the time for the weight. But this is just a guess. Wow Realy looks like that gas tank. Hillbilly bread<><

Upvote 0

Jim, that's exactly what I thought of when I saw it! S = "sportster" ? , but certainly older than the ones I have or have worked on... we could be going in the right direction, I'm just not familiar enough with Harley history stuff... is it a model for the "peanut" tank?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back