Need some Help

offtrail

Apr 28, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out today swinging my GTI when I got a pretty good hit. It is in bad shape but you can just make out a design on both sides, odd designs at that. Plus you can see gold specks when the sun hits it just right. Not saying it's gold or valuable but need some help in ID-ing this find...thanks people. What Is It 002.jpgWhat Is It 001.jpg

I think I'd start by removing some of the dirt with soap and water. We might be able to see the design better.

Upvote 0
Ok I just did some lite cleaning with a tooth brush and water. The design looks like a doubloon but if it's gold how is it possible for all the corrosion. It is heavy for it's size, just slightly bigger then a US quarter. What Is It 004.jpgWhat Is It 003.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link, it does look like a spanish cob, hope it's real!

Upvote 0
There sold as souvenirs. If you look at the first photo you posted of the cleaned coin, you can read the word "COPY" at about the 8:00 o'clock position

Upvote 0
Yup, tourist souvenir coin.

Upvote 0
There sold as souvenirs. If you look at the first photo you posted of the cleaned coin, you can read the word "COPY" at about the 8:00 o'clock position
You have a sharp eye vhs07 thanks for helping, now I know.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back