Need some help!

D

dd2387

I've been asked to help a home owner to detect on his property. His home was the home of Col. McNight, who was an officer with the Pennsylvania 114th First Div. Artillery. His note of battle was the Battle of Antietam, and Fredericksburg. This will be the first time detecting at an officers home. Is there any areas of the property I should look for to start my search. I have done allot of research on McNight, and have printed topo maps of the property to help log all my finds. I have a search contract that I printed off the internet. I take my detecting very serious. Helpfull comments only, please. Thanks members, Dave.

Upvote 0
I would suggest look at the history of the house after the war. To determine if meetings etc occurred, otherwise I would say detect it like any old house.

Frank

agreed... like any other house.

walkways, direct routes to privies, between house and stable area if you know that much, and anyplace they may have hung clothes.

Start next to the house and work outward in concentric circles...

Man what a great opportunity! Take lots-o pictures!

Thanks for the help, can't wait for the weather to break the start this project. I knew I could count on this site for help, what a great site.

I've found that under some of the bigger tress close to the house is a nice spot. Good spot for having tea in the afternoons or just hanging out.

Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back