Need info on Beach Detector stands

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats up guys and gals. I am wanting to build you beach and water detectorists a Detector stand. What I want to know is how far out of the water do you guys like your detectors to be when digging a target. I know us land detectorists like for our detector stands to be about 4-6 inches tall. How high do you guys like your detectors to be ON A STAND out of the water. I have a design in mind, just need to know how high it needs to be. It will be an awesome stand guaranteed. Please let me know...Thanks...zaxfire69

Upvote 0
I never lay my detector down, I use the harness with bungee, and it hangs by my side, if not in the water once target is no longer in the ground by digging with long handle scoop, I spread the sand out with my foot and pick up the target....It is extremely rare I ever get on my knees at the beach to search for target, I mean rare in that I can't remember the last time I did.. If I can't find it once I have kicked it, I just scoop where it is and sift the sand......One of the major advantages of beach hunting...

In the water while wading the shaft is secured to me with a bungee cord so it is within reach when I am done using the scoop. I don't think a detector stand is needed as it just hangs there.

I would think that if you were going to build something you would do some field research yourself.

Actually, I dont use a stand in the water and dont really know anyone who does.
You dont really lay the detector down while you scoop.
Detector in one hand and the scoop in the other.
Just dont see the need for a stand like some use for land hunting where you get down on your knees and dig.

Willee

I had no idea what you were talking about until I read other responses. I hunt in the water and can't imagine ever using such a device.

???

Bungee cord works OK .. if you want to use two hands on scoop and do not want to hold onto the detector ... you can make a retract unit out of an old tape measure (recoil spring) and use plastic banding material (instead of measuring tape).
Otherwise build a cradle for your detector on top or your floating beer holder, sifter, utility platform.

I understand now. There would not be a market for you beach folks. I don't live anywhere near a beach so first hand research is out of the question. Nearest beaches to me are closed due to oil anyway. I guess I will stick to making land detector stands. Thanks for the replies guys.

hey, don't be discouraged you could come up with something we don't even know we need!....yet :icon_thumright:

zaxfire69 said:
I understand now. There would not be a market for you beach folks. I don't live anywhere near a beach so first hand research is out of the question. Nearest beaches to me are closed due to oil anyway. I guess I will stick to making land detector stands. Thanks for the replies guys.

do you have a website for your detector stands, I get tired of laying my detector in the weeds and helping ticks get on my arm. I wish I could beach detect more often.

RiverRat3 said:
zaxfire69 said:

do you have a website for your detector stands, I get tired of laying my detector in the weeds and helping ticks get on my arm. I wish I could beach detect more often.

http://www.detectorstands.com/

I don't use a stand in the water. For my scoop I use a 12" piece of those swimming "noodle" foam thingys near the top. Makes it float with the handle up! That way If I do drop it I can locate it quickly. I never put down or drop my detector in the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back