Greenie
Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140215_181018.png
    ForumRunner_20140215_181018.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 74
welcome to tnet.It is usually good to give measurements with allot of stuff or maybe a quarter or something for scale.It helps people get a better idea of what they are looking at.Pictures can be deceiving sometimes.I would say a hook of some kind maybe some kind of knapsack hook?

Upvote 0
It is definitely half of the 2-piece brass buckle from a World War One era US Army gasmask bag strap. See the photos below, showing the front and back of the gasmask bag. The soldier's name, army unit, and battles he fought in being written on it gives additional confirmation that it is from the World War One era.

Attachments

• WW1_buckle_gasmask-bag-strap_soldier-marked-bag_frontview_451-2.jpg
    WW1_buckle_gasmask-bag-strap_soldier-marked-bag_frontview_451-2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 76
  • WW1_buckle_gasmask-bag-strap_soldier-marked-bag_backview_451.jpg
    WW1_buckle_gasmask-bag-strap_soldier-marked-bag_backview_451.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is definitely half of the 2-piece brass buckle from a World War One era US Army gasmask bag strap. See the photos below, showing the front and back of the gasmask bag. The soldier's name, army unit, and battles he fought in being written on it gives additional confirmation that it is from the World War One era.

Hey thanks again CannonballGuy, you were right on with that ID. You wonder how this stuff gets to where it was when it was recovered. Unbelievable~ \

That other thingamajig (#5)photo from the other thread I will get another photo or two with a reference item so you can get a better idea of what it is. Thanks once again.

Upvote 0
Once again, TheCannonBall Guy is exactly right. I'm glad we have him over here because I learn something from him all the time!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back