Detector(s) used
Teknetics eurotek PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it need more pictures tell

20151127_214014.jpg20151127_214024.jpg

20151127_214239.jpg20151127_214248.jpg

20151127_215326.jpg20151127_215339.jpg

Probably going to need some pictures taken on the macro setting Viktor for a closer more precise view of the details on the coins. Weight in grams and dimensions in millimeters if you have a set of calipers will help with the ID as well.

Upvote 0
Cru'Dads IDs:

First (Top) coin: Constantine I AE follis of Heraclea, AD 312. IMP C FL VAL CONSTANTINVS P F INV AVG, laureate head right / IOVI CONSER-VATORI AVGG, Jupiter standing left, chlamys hanging from left shoulder, holding globe and sceptre, wreath in left field, E in right field. Mintmark SMHT. RIC VI Heraclea 73;

Second (Middle) coin: The legends make little sense and may be an imitation of a C2nd or C3rd Emperor obverse with a Mars standing right leaning on Shield and Spear type reverse. Some-one like Commodus, Caracula or Septimius Severus etc.

Third (Bottom) Coin: Barbarous C4th imitating (badly) a 2 Victories holding Shield on altar similar to a Constantine I era AD319-320 VICTORIAE LAETAE PRINC PERP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cru,
With all respect to your dad, I see a "B" in the right field of the first coin, indicating the second 'officina' --versus an "A" as in his attribution-- that would designate the 'prima' or primary 'officina' (workshop).
Don......

Upvote 0
Cru,
With all respect to your dad, I see a "B" in the right field of the first coin, indicating the second 'officina' --versus an "A" as in his attribution-- that would designate the 'prima' or primary 'officina' (workshop).
Don......

Dad just rang & got the RIC corrected & the E. He just did a quick cut & paste job.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If it's an "E", that stands for Epsilon, the 5th letter in the Greek alphabet and the fifth workshop.
Don.......

I learnt something there, because its unusual for the field to denote the workshop instead of the usual first letter of the Ex.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back