need help

N

NEWBIE DETECTOR

hello and bear with me as i am new to this.i live around the fort myers area in florida and use a bounty hunter tracker IV with a 10 inch coil for deeper detection.i sometimes go to the beach areas around here but they are so picked apart that it is hard to find decent items.antone have any ideas on areas around here that could yield decent items.thanks in advance. ::)

Upvote 0
Where you at in Fort Myers? I live in Cape Coral and just started deteecting about a month or so ago. I went to Ft Myers beach for the first time this past weekend and only found $2 in clad in about 2 hours. Other than that, I've pretty much been detecting the parks here in Cape Coral. I still haven't found anything valuable besides clad but that day will come soon.

Cape Coral itself is a fairly new town, the first house was built in 1957 s I don't have big hopes for finding good stuff here. But Ft Myers has been around alot longer, lots of history in that town. I'd try the schools and parks for starters and go from there. Do some research on old schools or old churches that may have been converted to houses.

I've been meaning to try and find some spots in Fort Myers myself, just haven't had the time. I'm off to the Bahamas for a few days starting tomorrow but if you want to get together sometime, just let me know.

i also live in "the cape". i just moved here from nebraska 1 year ago and was lucky enough to be in 3 hurricanes since arriving.i too like you have done the fort myers beach thing. but unless you get there at sun up you fight numerous other detectors.i also have found a ton of coins.most common and very eaten up by the salt water.a couple of silver.also found a very nice silver womens bracelet.ive also tried cape coral beach with little success.(about 27 cents to be exact.) im still looking for the big hit.there is a local hardware store in the cape that sells metal detector items.they also have a ton of the finds they have gotten and it huge.diamond rings necklaces and such.he said hes gotten that stuff here but where im not sure.oh well.maybe ill see you around sometime.maybe we can trade some spots or what have you once you return.just look for the guy with the ponytail and detector in tow.have a good one and keep digging.don

I live in the Naples area and have detected for over 25 years [47]. Beaches, ball parks, school areas, concert parks, old yards if you can get permission. Sometimes just drive around. They always seem to be tearing down and rebuilding around here.

NEWBIE,
I believe this is the best advise I can give to anyone who is just starting!

Try your own yard

Live in the city? try the area between the road and the sidewalk. Good Luck and be sure to post what you find.

thanks for the info everyone.i will post my finds.keep digging. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back