Need help

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
I doubt if anyone has the same type of detector I have but I will give it a try. I bought a Voyager made by Treasure Hunter and the only thing I've been able to find with it so far is cans or any aluminum. I have reread the instructions over and over started from scratch with it at least a half a dozen times but I can't get the unit to come to ground. I don't think you can help unless you have this unit or know someone who does. I have emailed the company asking for help but haven't heard back as yet. I know its important to ground the unit but how important is it? Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Bob,
Have you tried a test garden in the back yard with an assortment of coins at different depths? If so, what was the results?
If Not, I would highly recommend it!!

Rob

I buried several pennies, nickels, brass shell casings and aluminum cans. The only hit I got was the cans, even when I laid coins and cans on top of the ground again the only hit was the cans.

Hey Bob, Are you sure it's not just an aluminum detector? Just kidding. I've got the Treasure Hunter 3030, it works good. It almost sounds to me like your detector may have a defect in it. Good luck.

Does your machine have discrimination mode? Last week I went detecting and kept finding cans,though? did find a to pennies because it picked up a solid sound..When i was done for that particular day ..I kept wondering why i picked up more junk, because I always have it set to not pick up rusty stuff and less cans with the lesser noise...Ya! I had not looked and it was set on all mode..Makes a big difference when searching coins rings and hot rocks or meteorites...and I know because the owner in Arizona of this detector gave me the directions...I really have not checked on the other ways this machine works...As long as it picks up the regular stuff I do not fret the other.Tesoro really backs their machines and I really like what they have.Now I need to get a good water type machine also..I'd like to try something Little different because what one does not pickup the other might! and then you have a good defense for hunting in different topical land types.

Note: It is not bad though to have all mode because then you won't miss other stuff the discrimination might miss.....I like the discrim mode!

It does have a discrimination control was well as vlf, tr1 and tr2, ground and sensitivity. I've tried all combinations and modes and followed the instructions ( as they are) to the letter. I don't know if other detectors have all of these or not but I would think so. This is the only unit I've had. There is a guarantee, I'll probably be sending it back. Thanks for all the help. I think I'll be looking for another before long.

I am not sure about other machines ..Always look to see what kind of return policy they have and if they repair the machine free for life time of ownership as long as you were not the one who broke it..Like running it over with a car! My detector has that policy and it is nice not to send money for repair...That may have been changed though now ...seeing my machine is many years old.Read the fine lettering always.Tesoro always backs it's word and that is better then finding gold to me. Make sure you check for a lifetime guaranty on that product.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back