need help with shotgun receiver

Kevo_DFX

Sep 5, 2008
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
This gun sure looks like an H&R 48 Topper, but does not bear the normal h and r logo or their type of serial numbers. On the inside of the receiver, it says "509 WM"

Questions:
1. What company made this gun?
2. If it is some type of h&r 48 topper clone as I suspect, will any of the gauged barrels work if I was going to rebuild it, or are receivers matched to a gauge?

shot1.jpg

Thanks!

Some are interchangeable, others are not. Without knowing who made it and what model it is, it'll be hard to tell. Can you get more pics of the side and try to tease more detail out of that logo?

Upvote 0
I think Charlie is right. And it has been reblued hence the purpleish color of the reciever and thats because of the pot metal in the reciecver. Thats another reason the stamping is hard to read and is light, it was buffed a little to hard trying to get all the pits out. If they used the right bluing salt they could have left it in the bluing tank a little longer and it would have came out blue. Although the purple tint aint a bad color on them...d2

Upvote 0
Sure looks like the receiver on my Stevens double barrel. Could it be a W.Moore &Co double, or even WalMart H&R brand?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back