Need help with old revolver ID???

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel

Attachments

• gun1.jpg
    gun1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,560
  • gun2.jpg
    gun2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 970
Looks like it might be a fordward folding trigger pocket pistol. I think Belgian makes old ones like that.

Upvote 0
I DEFINELTY SEE THIS BEING ABLE TO STICK IN ONES POCKET. The trigger folds forward. Thanks for giving some very good leads.

Upvote 0
I know it isn't, but it resembles the old Colt "Baby Patterson" in it's styling.Too bad it's in such bad condition.

Upvote 0
What do I know :P

Would say it is an old pinfire: European; 1850's;
Lot of folding triggers came out of Europe.

You said, "no good markings". Are there any that
you cannot make out. Should be a mark on the
cylinder.

You said 5 inches. Is the barrel 2 inches?

No real idea, without more info.

Interesting, thanks for posting.

have a good un.......................

Upvote 0
hasbeen, Thats the one. It matched perfectly to the one on the web site. Thanks so much for sending that. also to everyone that helped solve the puzzle. This site ROCKS!!!!

Upvote 0
help

hasbeen, Thats the one. It matched perfectly to the one on the web site. Thanks so much for sending that. also to everyone that helped solve the puzzle. This site ROCKS!!!!

can u please tell me what it was i seem to have the same gun my grandpa gave me and hes not around to tell me and the link that u found it at is not working for me

Upvote 0
It's a pinfire revolver. Likely made in Belgium, but could be made anywhere in Europe, and possibly the US although the original pic looks to be Belgian or German made. Most likely 7mm, but possibly 8mm. They date from the mid to late 1800's with the last ones made around 1890. Look closely at the cylinder and the barrel for any engraving that might tie it to a manufacturer.

Side note, ammunition for them is available mainly in kit form, but actually shooting these old guns is not a good idea. Many of them were poorly made and might cost you a finger at the least. Unless it's from a top maker (and even then get it checked by a good gunsmith that knows antique guns) do not attempt to shoot it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back