• Bullet A.JPG
    Bullet A.JPG
    502.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Bullet B.JPG
    Bullet B.JPG
    657.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Solution
If anyone can help ID/date this bullet, I would appreciate it. It was found on the grounds of a school in New York built around 1900. Using a caliper, the diameter is .25 inches., length is 1.17 inches. The weight is 10.27 grams. Thank you in advance for looking.
I’m not positive but I think it might be a cacarno slug.
IMG_6140.jpeg
Looks like a full metal jacket bullet. Most .25s are for hunting and have a soft or hollow point. Trappers sometimes use FMJ bullets to kill animals in traps because these bullets leave just one small hole. But I don't think they are common for .25s.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your input on this. This will help point me in the right direction for further research.

Upvote 0
If anyone can help ID/date this bullet, I would appreciate it. It was found on the grounds of a school in New York built around 1900. Using a caliper, the diameter is .25 inches., length is 1.17 inches. The weight is 10.27 grams. Thank you in advance for looking.
I’m not positive but I think it might be a cacarno slug.
IMG_6140.jpeg

Upvote 2
Solution
I’m not positive but I think it might be a cacarno slug.View attachment 2161782
Thank you for this information--I believe you are correct. I found a website with an extensive list of Carcano bullets, and the one I dug looks like the sixth one down from the top.

Carcano Bullet List

If I'm reading correctly, this is the same rifle used in the JFK assassination, but it does not appear to be the exact slug design (see attached picture)

Attachments

• Bullet.jpg
    Bullet.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 1
Good idea todds point

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back