nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey,I was hoping someone could identify this copper button and possibly date it?
I was hunting a old ford at a river and found this button with a couple other relics that i think our a different time era.

Any help would be most appreiciated,
Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 100_0180.jpg
    100_0180.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 228
  • 100_0181.jpg
    100_0181.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 213
1 half of a cufflink. 1790-1820s

Upvote 0
I am Sorry that i didn't add something for size reference.I can tell you that this button is almost the exact same size of a half dollar.
in the same area, a couple pieces of 8 which were in pie slice shapes and a 1837 half dime were found.

Thanks again,Nova Treasure

Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
as stated before early 1800 to 1840ish type flat button

Thanks again to those that replyed.
The dating of the button is what i was mainly after for reference of the area.I felt the button was my oldest find there,but didn't know how old?

Upvote 0
Nova Treasure, Great find!! I have found buttons identical to that here in East Tennessee, where British troops passed during the French and Indian War, although mine are slightly larger than penny size!! Again, terrific find!!! Great hunting and good luck, Regards, Richard.

Upvote 0
nova treasure said:
I am Sorry that i didn't add something for size reference.I can tell you that this button is almost the exact same size of a half dollar.
in the same area, a couple pieces of 8 which were in pie slice shapes and a 1837 half dime were found.

arhh, button then. I thought it looked egg shaped in the picture.

Upvote 0
I would say it is a "Dandy" button. They were not always engraved. They could be plain and shiny. Copper or brass would do nicely. Size is about right.

Daryl

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back