Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm posting this one for a friend . This cartridge box was purchased in a box lot from a auction. The only thing I know is it's a cartridge box but does anyone know what the insignia stands for? And also when would this date too? Thank you in advance for the help.

Attachments

• 1465129766933.jpg
    1465129766933.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 76
From my personal experience with cartridge boxes is from large producing cattle ranches. My father, grandfather and so on as well as my self had many of these that where custom made just for us. Some with our initials on them, some with the ranch brand(s) on them, some with designs. Point is that often they do not hold any exciting history at all, mostly just some wealthy ranchers and proud cowboys with a little extra to show off. We had a cobbler who worked at our main ranch, he would crank out customs saddles, weapons cases, holsters, knife sheath's, tool sheath's, bags of all sorts and so on. Often if he was in good standing with one of the many workers he would make them stuff as well that was personalized.

I even had a custom bench seat made in my 1980 one ton 4X4 chevy truck, with matching visors, head liner, rear view mirror wrap, steering wheel wrap, tool bag, door liners and document case.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back