Need help what it could be??

dehd221

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
button 003.jpg

This is about the size of quarter and rounded out like a spoon in the back.

Upvote 0
Wow I am new at this so give me a break so far not liking this treasurenet. Thanks for your help I guess.

Upvote 0
Pardon my rudeness, Dave. I'm sure that the good folks of TreasureNet are far more welcoming than I.

I caught your method of inquiry earlier at ABN. The slow dribble of pertinent information is not my style, and I think hinders you in your quest. Please feel free to post away without further input from me.

Good luck to you.

CiscoKid&Diablo.jpeg

Upvote 0
Hi Surf that's okay but like I said just thought I would post over here too. We are newbies my 12 year old son found this metal detecting so I am trying to do this for him. Kind feels like your like the "website" police..:( Believe any help is greatly appreciated

Upvote 0
Hi Surf that's okay but like I said just thought I would post over here too. We are newbies my 12 year old son found this metal detecting so I am trying to do this for him. Kind feels like your like the "website" police..:( Believe any help is greatly appreciated
A picture of the back might help with a ID :thumbsup: Welcome to TreasureNet by the way :thumbsup:

SS

Upvote 0
button 002.jpg This is the back not sure how to make it bigger to view Thanks Silver Searcher

Upvote 0
still looks like a freeze plug to me.
Yup, considered the "flat type". Used mostly on older model engines. Once you get the correct diameter plug, you coat it in sealer, then you install it into the block or head with the concave side inward. You then place the peen end of a ball peen hammer against the center of the dome and then smack the hammer with another hammer to flatten out the plug slightly. The diameter expands just enough to seal off the opening to keep the coolant inside.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back