Need help please!!

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Anyone here that can read/translate kanji??

Does this phrase make any sense?
It's on a shirt I got as a present and I hope it doesn't read "kill all Westerners"...

IMGP7947.JPG

Thanks in advance

Nine out of ten voices in my head tell me I should stay home and clean my guns today.

Upvote 0
THE LINK

We have a tropical storm moving through, so having a little time on my hands...

Go to the link above and try to draw the image. It will give you possible symbols on the right.

Work on it until you get the right one.

I was able to get number 1 and 3.

1. Good luck, joy, congratulations

3. Possess, have, exist, happen, occur

Upvote 0
Just think GIB, after the storm maybe there will be some treasure uncovered

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Just think GIB, after the storm maybe there will be some treasure uncovered

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Oh yeah! Got the 3030 charged up!

Upvote 0
1st symbol = Lucky
2nd symbol = ???
3rd symbol = Have
4th symbol = I

Used the symbols with google translator, but can't figure the second one.

Upvote 0
1. luck
2. god or heaven
3. be or to be
4. gold or fortune

judging by the post on the t-shirt possibly a gamer shirt. my conclusion it's the popular translation of "leave luck to the heavens". the phrase is also associated with Nintendo and it's founder Hiroshi Yamauchi. supposedly Nintendo translates to "leave luck to the heavens" (ninten) "company" (do).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just a guess... Does it say "That wasn't chicken" ?

Seriously, as best I can tell the earlier posts are correct or mostly correct - luck, sky, exist, gold. Of course, I proven more than once in this forum that my ability to read kanji is zen zen dekinai!

It may not have a specific meaning and just be a random collection of 'good' kanji. I've seen tattoos like that. They look great but really have no direct translation or meaning.

Whatever the case, I doubt anyone will be offended by you wearing it.

Upvote 0
jrpoppapump your comment was not yet visible for me to read when I wrote "this has not been very helpfull", sorry bout htat, your post was quite interesting!
Thank you people for the input, I'll keep wearing it happily (but I'll still check if those japanese tourist I meet will be pointing at me giggling :-)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back