Greenie
Jan 6, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705,
Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay guys, I've only had my Minelab x-Terra 705 for less then a week. I did my first real hunting today and this is my find!

From what I've been able to research this is a WW1 or WW2 United States Army Ring, but some of the markings on it look a little different compared to the other rings I've looked at. It's 14K RGP (Rolled Gold) and was buried about 8-10 inches under ground. The stone was missing but there was a strange...something with it. Like a marble or something that was on the inside of the band. The stone or marble crumbled away so I don't think it was the stone for the ring. At the bottom of the eagle it has 6 stars, I know in the army 6 stars denotes general, though I'm unsure if the military rings were done like that or not.

Any information any of you can give me on it would be greatly appreciated it.

2013-01-12+18.42.58.JPG2013-01-12+18.21.30.JPG2013-01-12+18.18.26.JPG2013-01-12+18.17.38.JPG

It looks a bit like this one:

military-ring.jpg

So, my guess would be that it didn't have a stone in it at all?

Upvote 0
It looks a bit like this one:

View attachment 724875

So, my guess would be that it didn't have a stone in it at all?

Ahhh, I see. Do you think it's WW1 or 2? A lot of the stuff I looked up said Post WW2. All of the ones I looked at though had a circle above the Eagles head, however, but other then that they all were really close to that design, but with a stone. I might go back to the spot I found it at and see if I can detect that top piece you show there. I'd be very interested to know if it did or didn't have a stone.

Upvote 0
ww2.jpg
That one doesn't seem to have the "circle" above the head of the eagle, yet, the detail underneath is a bit different.
And here is the eagle here that looks really close:
bird.jpg
I do think it is a US Army ring like you said. And I do think it may be as early as you say too. I would go back and look. Why not? :)

Upvote 0
View attachment 724886
That one doesn't seem to have the "circle" above the head of the eagle, yet, the detail underneath is a bit different.
And here is the eagle here that looks really close:
View attachment 724891
I do think it is a US Army ring like you said. And I do think it may be as early as you say too. I would go back and look. Why not? :)

Thanks a lot! I figure giving it another going over can't hurt and hey, I might just get lucky again!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back