Need help identifying car

USMC18

Nov 3, 2014
Chautauqua County NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everybody, I found this car out in the middle of the woods and I am curious to what the maker of the car is. There is a hood symbol but it doesn't look familiar. Can anybody Identify it?
WP_20150505_017.jpgWP_20150505_019.jpgWP_20150505_022.jpgWP_20150505_028.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a 1954 Plymouth to me! Always cool to find oldies in the woods. PS: intact parts are valuable...Sub 8-)

Upvote 0
Just in scrap value it's got to be around 300-400 if it still has it's engine.

Upvote 0
Neat old car. Years ago it was a common practice to park your old junkers in the woods when they quit running. That mound that its parked on has my interest also.

Upvote 0
'53 or 4 belvedere is my best guess.

Upvote 0
Neat old car. Years ago it was a common practice to park your old junkers in the woods when they quit running. That mound that its parked on has my interest also.

is that mound unique to the area?

Upvote 0
i think you should go back and take a bucket load of pictures with the best resolution you have on your camera....the car and spot are an amazing composition.

Upvote 0
Thank you everybody for the responses. Thank you Subterranean, It is a 1954 Plymouth. That mound is part of a major glacial deposit in the area.

Upvote 0
Looking at pics of 53 and 54 Plymouth's I see the rear bumper but not the front bumper could be a rare part.Ugly as sin but rare.:dontknow:

Upvote 0
That glacial till could be a literal Gold mine everything that has been pushed ahead of the glacier.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back